Bologna Museums and Art Galleries Information: General Museum Information - Bologna, Italy IT
Bologna is home to an excellent and extremely diverse range of historic museums, with many of Bologna's museums housing endless ancient Bologna relics and finds, from around this area of Italy and beyond.
Many of Bologna's most popular museums are situated in the heart of Bologna city centre and the museums are often a mixture between museums and art galleries, containing many classical paintings, masterpieces, sculptures and statues displayed in spacious gallery areas, together with impressive exhibitions of Bologna artefacts and regular guided museum tours.
Bologna Museums and Art Galleries Information: Locations and Venues - Bologna, Italy IT
Museums in Bologna often have free or inexpensive admission, combined with long opening hours. Containing a vast array of important historic Bologna collections, displays and information about the history of Bologna, a visit to museums in Bologna may last many hours, as there are often so many exhibits and treasures to explore. Some of Bologna's museums are housed in ancient buildings and also contain café areas, museums shops and landscaped gardens, with scenic views.
Bologna Museums and Art Galleries Information: Museum Card / Pass (Carta Bologna dei Musei) - Bologna, Italy IT
Bologna's museum card offers excellent value for money and passes are can be obtained for either one or three days. The Bologna museum card provides free access to Bologna's main museums, reduced entry in a number of other museums, and can be obtained at both museums and tourist information centres in Bologna.
The main museums in Bologna include the following locations and venues in and around central Bologna:
- Collezione Cospi Via Zamboni
- Museo Civico Archeologico (Archaeological Museum)
- Museo Civico Medievale Via Manzoni
- Museo Degli Studenti E Della Goliardia Via Zamboni
- Museo Delle Cere Anatomiche Via Zamboni
- Museo Delle Navi
- Museo Dello Studio dell'Ottavo
- Museo di Anatomia Patologica (Anatomy Museum)
- Museo di Antropologia (Anthropology Museum)
- Museo Di Fisica Via Irnerio
- Museo di Mineralogia (Mineral Museum)
- Museo Indiano Via Zamboni
- Museo Marsili Via Zamboni
- Pinacoteca Nazionale di Bologna (National Picture Gallery)
- Pinacoteca Nazionale Via Belle Arti
- University Museums
Book your Bologna Car Rental here - excellent rates available, up to 65% discount.
Bologna (BLQ) Airport Guide